Are you looking for insurance related to property or property transactions? Wherever you are on the property ladder, it is fundamental to obtain accurate insurance advice. Property Hub’s recommended partner services are available to help soften any bumps in the road on your property journey.

For more information on:

  • Building insurance
  • Life insurance (for mortgage purposes)
  • Contents insurance
  • Home care cover
  • Rent guarantee insurance
  • Public liability or indemnity liability insurance
  • Landlord insurance
  • Capital gains tax consultation

Book your confidential insurance consultation and safeguard your most prized possessions by filling in the form or calling us 0208 9031002 or 0208 459 3333.

Building Insurance

Building insurance protects you from significant financial costs as a result of loss or damage to physical structures that you own. These insurance packages are commonly purchased by home owners, landlords and business owners. Building insurance can protect against total loss from natural disasters, as well as payments for certain damage repairs. The definition of the term ‘building’ for insurance purposes generally means:


  • The actual physical structure
  • The foundations
  • The walls
  • The floors
  • The roof
  • The windows
  • The plumbing,
  • Fixed electrical wiring
  • Decoration
  • Permanent fixtures and fittings.


Certain building insurance packages will also cover fitted kitchen units, fitted bedroom furniture, toilets and baths. Basically, anything that is a fixture to the building is normally classed as falling within the building’s insurance cover. As a general rule, the core areas of cover are the same, however the type of building insurance you require will depend on the construction and actual use of the property.

Landlord Insurance

Landlord insurance covers a property owner from financial losses connected with rental properties. Your policy will generally cover the property itself as a minimum, however most companies will give you the option of insuring any contents as an addition. Landlord insurance is often incorrectly referred to as ‘buy-to-let insurance’. It’s important to be aware that ‘buy-to-let insurance’ is a type of landlord insurance covering a property that has been purchased with a ‘buy-to-let’ mortgage. Multi-property insurance covers two or more properties. Landlord insurance is also separate from landlord’s emergency cover.

Your policy will normally cover standard perils such as fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, escape of water/oil, subsidence, theft and malicious damage. Insurance policies vary significantly and may not include all of these items. Optional coverage might include accidental damage, malicious damage by tenant, terrorism, legal protection, alternative accommodation costs, contents insurance, rent guarantee insurance, and liability insurance. Landlord insurance policies typically do not cover any personal property belonging to tenants, or otherwise protect the interest of tenants; although a liability policy protecting a landlord or property manager will be of benefit to tenants, should they incur a loss for which the landlord is responsible.

Rent Guarantee Insurance

Rent guarantee insurance will protect you in the event that your tenant fails to pay the rent. Most landlords do their best to ensure that they let their properties to the best possible tenants… unfortunately, it's a fact of life that events can occur beyond our control. If a tenant falls behind on their rental payments it could have serious financial implications for you, especially if you have mortgage commitments on your property.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance covers damage to, or loss of, an individual's personal possessions while they are located within that individual's home. Some contents insurance policies will also provide restricted cover for personal possessions temporarily taken away from the home by the policyholder.


Excess on any insurance policy is the amount you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Only once you have paid the agreed excess amount will your insurance provider look into your claim. Excess can be ‘NIL’ or can be up to any agreed amount, dependent on the insurance company and policy you have. Excess is generally payable a compulsory payment in advance as when submitting a claim relating to any of the following: claiming on tenant(s) when rent is overdue, home breakdown (including boiler, heating or fixtures), fire, flood, theft, car accidents, subsidence, etc.

Disclaimer: A Tenants, Buyers, Landlord & Vendor may wish to instruct us about a related service {Other Services}. Property Hub does offer such services, including the followings: The sale and letting of residential and commercial property, the provision of financial services, Conveyancing, surveying, insurance, property management, re-location, planning permission, solicitor related services, etc... through our various business associates & partners { based on referral terms between them and us}, where Property Hub or its employees may receive a fees or commission or referral fees. Please note that these services are available to you and openly to all our clients. Should you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact our team.

ombudsman lettings ombudsman sales ombudsman commercial MoneyShield

Find out the value of your home!

We offer a free valuation service with no obligation