Finding the right estate agent to manage the sale of your most valuable possession can make a huge difference in achieving your desired price. Whether you wish to sell your off-plan investments or put your home on the market, there is a lot to consider. We have compiled a Property Hub’s Sellers guide to help you and to explain the process of selling your property hassle-free and quick.
To ensure you get the best return on your investment or home here are the steps to follow:
Obtain current market appraisal
Before you put your property up for sale, it is vital that you know its true value. This will help attract more viewers and get better offers on the property. The first correct step will help you to get the best possible price for your property.
The process of finding out the value of your property can be long and drawn out. Indeed, it is never simply enough to look at the sold prices of other homes in the area as there are many other factors that we must consider when providing you with an achievable price such as, wider market fluctuations, the unique features of your home and the area’s amenities, potential in the property, rental yield, tenure, layout, currently listed properties which are the immediate competition to your property when it arrives in the market, and much more. The process of valuing off-plan property is even more complex.
As expert property brokers, we use our vast knowledge and experience of real estate to help you get the best from your investment. With Property Hub, your assets are in safe hands.
We can advise and support you with the key elements; value, presentation and exposure. To achieve a full market appraisal of your property with no obligation, please call us on 0208 459 3333, or fill out our enquiry form.
Find the right solicitor for conveyancing
Finding a good conveyancing solicitor is vital to the success of your property sale, Conveyancing law as a whole is very complex and requires detailed observation on facts about the property. As a result, hiring the right solicitor could save you a great deal of time and money.
Here at Property Hub, we boast a long list of solicitor contacts across UK and before recommending you to the legal professional, we will make sure they are on the mortgage panel if required. Whether you are selling residential homes or off-plan investments, we are here to help you find the perfect conveyancing solicitor for your needs.
Capture your property at its finest
When selling your property, it is important to show it at its finest, remember, “The first Impression is the last impression”. We help you create a great first impression, whether you are selling tenanted property or your principle home.
Presenting Off-Plan Property
Many off-plan descriptions tend to be a little vague. By contrast, we create compelling off-plan descriptions that stand apart from your property’s competition. We do this by highlighting key information to make your off-plan investments more attractive to buyers.
Presenting your home
Before putting your property on the market remember ‘The first Impression is the last impression’, so why not take advantage of our recommended professional cleaning and maintenance service.
We hold a huge number of cleaning & maintenance company records whose work and cost we have examined in the past before recommending you, they will make sure your property is spotless. They will also remove clutter to create a feeling of space. This will help to make your home more attractive to the buyer and allow you to achieve a desired asking price. Studies show that 84 % of buyers make a decision within 10 seconds of viewing online images whether they have further interest in viewing the property or not, and once they enter a property it is the time they should lock the deal at first glance, so why not make this vital moment count!
Our in-house professional photographers work is to capture your property at its finest, followed by an accurate floor plan to give an idea to the buyer about the size of the property so they can make an informed decision.
Reach millions of potential buyers
We use a wide range of media and promotions to give your property the best possible exposure. Online advertising gives you the chance to reach millions of potential buyers across the country. We don’t stop there at Property Hub we share your property’s details with our other offices across our network, enabling buyers and investors to look over our portfolios whilst understanding the buying and investing processes of the UK market.
We take full advantage of not only the internet but our international exposure too. We advertise on major property portals like Zoopla, PrimeLocation, and Rightmove, as well as our own website, and social media. This helps us to attract and engage an even larger audience on your behalf.
We also create attractive literature of the property and erect the FOR SALE board at the property to bring the attention of local residence (do you know 35% of buyers are local occupiers).
Our offices are open from 8am to 7pm from Monday to Friday, and 10am to 4pm on weekends (Except Sundays and Bank Holidays). Yet we know that your potential buyer may be busy so with this in mind, we do our utmost to arrange viewings on days and times that are most convenient for them and you. This helps increase interest in your property. This in return allows us to sell your property quickly and at right price.
Before conducting any viewings, we take time to learn as much as possible about your property, its location and potential. This allows us to answer any questions buyer may have in ways which highlight its most striking features.
When you receive an offer
When a potential buyer makes an offer we will notify you straight away both verbally and in writing. We will also take you through the terms of their offer and will make sure enough vetting on buyer’s financial position has taken place to avoid any hurdle at a later stage.
Before you enter into any agreement we will make sure that the buyer has all the means to proceed.
When you accept an offer
When you accept an offer from the buyer we will start the process by drawing up a memorandum of sale. We will then write and send out letters to all parties (solicitor) to confirm the price and terms of the deal.
We will then make sure the survey gets booked at the earliest convenience of the buyer to secure the purchase.
If you did not ask us to refer you to a solicitor, you must provide us with details of your solicitor, while accepting the offer. We will then instruct your solicitor to draft the contract and send a copy to the buyer’s solicitor.
Both legal teams must then work to settle any issues and answer any questions raised during the searches. Such enquiries could relate to the mortgage offer, evidence of title, searches, planning, restrictive covenants, and tenanted / empty possession status, onwards chain, etc. They could even refer to fixtures and fittings that either party wishes to include in the sale.
It is important to settle any issues before exchanging contracts as this is the point at which the sale becomes legally-binding.
The exchange of contracts occurs when you and the buyer confirm the different aspects of the deal (described above).
After both parties sign the contract the buyer’s solicitor will pay the deposit as agreed to the seller’s solicitor. This is usually 10% - 15 % of the total purchase price, yet this may vary according to the terms and nature of the sale / lenders. You and the buyer must then agree on the completion date.
Completing on sale of your property
To complete the sale of your property the buyer must pay the residual balance of the agreed fee.
Once the remaining funds appear in your solicitor’s account and they confirm this, you may sign-off the completion papers of the property’s sale and we will hand over the keys to the new owner.
You have now sold your property - well done on a successful sale!!!
Please contact us by email or call 0208 459 3333 to arrange your free and accurate property valuation today. We look forward to helping you with your property sale.
If you are thinking of putting your property on the market, make sure you choose an agent that provides the service you and your property deserve.
20 reasons to choose property hub as your exclusive agents while selling your property
1) We have provided 11+ Years organic growth based on excellence.
2) Trained and qualified negotiators to provide you the best service all year round.
3) Head Office is NAEA & ARLA (National association of Estate Agents and Association of Residential Letting Agents) Member.
4) Head Office is Winner of GOLD ESTAS awards, as well as shortlisted for numerous years in The Negotiator Awards.
5) A large database of pre-vetted clients, who have received a trusted service for over 11+ years.
6) The founder Sachinkumar Gupta has been a Property Guru for the ABPL Group Year 2017 – 2018, wrote weekly articles related to real estate industry, current market and information on property laws which is published in Gujarat Samachar (the news paper reaches 30,000 house in UK every week) and has subscriptions of over 100,000 people weekly via online platforms. We keep you informed with changing law at times.
7) We have an admin office providing excellent and prompt service from 07:30am to 19:30pm
8) We work on No Success No Fees basis for all instructions (commercial, residential and land).
9) One of the best in the area, with high customer satisfaction ratings, 5 * Rating by All agents.
10) We support various communities & local schools by providing sponsorship (Summer Fair, Special days, sports day, regular gathering events and magazines, etc...) this makes us unique as a brand, as we believe giving back to the communities.
11) One Stop Shop in every discipline of the property market.
12) Extensive local knowledge, industry experts and coverage all across London and the UK.
13) A YouTube Channel (Informative and branding videos).
14) Commitments to continuous improvement by taking feedback from our clients on regular basis via trust pilot & feedback forms online.
15) Personalised marketing materials for each property, to provide a bespoken & unique service.
16) Access to all major property portals, social media to ensure maximum exposure of your property.
17) Multiple languages spoken staff.
18) 100 Years+ combined experience in the industry
19) We are open longer, prepared to go extra miles if required for our clients and end users.
20) A unique brand, we keep things easy to understand for all... client contentment is our priority!
How to prepare your home for viewings:
First impressions are important for any sale, and houses are no different. Potential buyers will make an immediate judgement on your home as soon as they see it.
To begin with, step outside your home and take it in as a whole. Then, answer the following questions:
- Has the lawn been mowed?
- Have any pathways been cleared of mess/have weeds been removed them?
- Does the paint on your window frames and doors need a new coat?
- Do you have any display features (flower pots, ornaments etc.) outside the house?
- Have bushes/hedges been cut back and tidied?
If any of those areas need attention, then that’s where we recommend that you start. Once you’ve taken care of the exterior, it’s time to work on the interior.
Be prepared for questions viewers/ agents may ask you
You will typically be asked how long the property has been on the market, why you are moving, if you have had any offers / if you are willing to take offers.
Never enter in to negotiations directly with the viewer over offers, what you will be leaving in the property etc. as this should be negotiated through your estate agent and solicitor as part of the legal process.
Don’t give out your contact details to viewers as it can really complicate negotiations further down the line and they can put unnecessary pressure on you.
You may be asked what the neighbours are like, what work you have done to the house and about facilities and shops and schools in the area. If you are unsure what you should and shouldn’t say about anything, refer to us as your estate agent who will be happy to advise you.
Living areas are important when it comes to selling a house. When you’re preparing your home for a viewing, you need to make every effort to make them seem appealing. Turn them into a space that potential buyers could see themselves relaxing and winding down in. Here are a few pointers:
- Remove any clutter from the room and put away personal possessions
- Keep your curtains/blinds open to let natural light in
- Give the house a deep clean
- Open a window to let some fresh air through the room
Bathrooms and kitchens
It’s important that anyone viewing your home sees it at its best, and bathrooms and kitchens are often seen as the most important features of a house.
Here are our top tips for preparing your bathroom for a viewing:
- Clear away any clutter, put away shampoo bottles and cleaning products etc.
- Put out fresh, folded towels
- Check any sealant/grouting for mould – reseal if necessary
- Clean and polish shower and bath fittings
- Add an air freshener to the room such as a plug in freshener or reed diffuser
A potential buyer will want to assess your kitchen in terms of both space and cleanliness. Again, it’s important that they’re able to visualise themselves using it.
Here are a few of our tips for making your kitchen as appealing as possible:
- Clean and polish all surfaces
- Put unnecessary appliances away
- Remove any clutter
- Give the oven a good clean
- Remove any pet food bowls
- Open a window to circulate fresh air
Exercise your green thumb
A little garden maintenance can go a long way when it comes to preparing your home for a viewing. Try the following as a starting point:
- Tidy away any general mess
- Cut back any overgrown hedges/bushes
- Jetwash any patios, paths and driveways
- Remove weeds from patios and pathways
- Mow the lawn
- Add seasonal fertiliser to the lawn to rejuvenate it
As we said, there’s no need to go out and buy elaborate water features to dazzle buyers – sometimes a simple, tidy space will give them the ability to visualise the changes that they might make to the garden.
On The Day of the viewings
If you’ve followed our above advice, then your home should be well prepared for viewings. However, there are still some things that you’ll need to consider on the day.
- Keep any pets out of the house – whilst you might love your pets, there’s always a possibility that someone may feel differently, or may be allergic. For this reason, we recommend that you ask someone to look after your pet or take them out for a walk during viewings
- Similarly, small children can be very distracting so try and see if someone can take them out or babysit them while you concentrate on showing people around.
- Make sure every room is at a comfortable temperature.
- Let the viewer walk into each room first so they get a feel for the size of the rooms without you standing in front of them.
We hope that you’ve found the above advice on preparing your home for a viewing useful, but if you have any questions, or would like any assistance in selling your home, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Refer Your Friends and Get Rewards
You naturally want your friends and family members to find a new home or sell their property in quick time – don’t you?
So why not tell them about your great experience with Property Hub. We offer financial rewards for every successful referral.
To find out more about the Property Hub referral scheme, talk to one of our team now on 0208 903 1002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘refer a friend’.
For more information, please contact us on 0208 819 9212 or Email: email@example.com